I am not going to tell show you how to install ruby , rails etc rather I will write steps to install passenger with ngix and run your rails application with ssl.
If you only want to use passenger standalone then proceed to phusion passenger page.
1. Install passenger gem
gems install passenger
2. Install passenger-nginx
when you run above command your will see following message with options to select
This installer will guide you through the entire installation process. It
shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes in total.
Here’s what you can expect from the installation process:
1. This installer will compile and install Nginx with Passenger support.
2. You’ll learn how to configure Passenger in Nginx.
3. You’ll learn how to deploy a Ruby on Rails application.
Don’t worry if anything goes wrong. This installer will advise you on how to
solve any problems.
Press Enter to continue, or Ctrl-C to abort.
3. Select 1
4. When language options are show then select the one with Ruby
5. Next is compilation options. Go with “download and compile option” if you want to keep it simple and don’t need any specific configurations
6. Keep default installation path ( /opt/nginx/)
Keep default installation paths and keeping your favorite key ENTER.